Friday 17 February 2012

Forgotten Post

I had something good to write about today, but I couldn't start writing it until the evening because I had to write 1000 words of my novel first, and now I can't remember it and I can't think of anything else. So here's a post by Fishducky, who posts interesting things on Elisa Hirsch's blog on Fridays, about not being able to think of anything to blog about.


WHAT IF I RUN OUT OF IDEAS?; Fishducky Friday


    Elisa said that I could post more often if I wanted to.  I told her I was worried I’d run out of ideas.  For instance, I don’t know what to write about today.  
​    I guess I could tell you about my dad.  He was one of the nicest people EVER.  He would do anything for anybody. He lived in L.A., but if someone asked him for a ride home (to San Francisco) I have no doubt he would’ve said yes.  If his doctor told him he’d have to amputate his head, Daddy would probably have asked, “When would that be convenient for you?”  When he wanted to tell you about a movie he’d seen, you learned to get comfortable.  If it was an MGM film, he’d start with, “First the lion came out & roared.”  I hosted a yoga class in our garage at the beach.  I didn’t want to be there because my dad was in a coma & dying in the hospital, about an hour & a half away.  I wanted to be able to get to the hospital quickly.  Bud said I needed the mental relaxation yoga would bring & convinced me to go.  After the exercises, our instructor would have us clear our minds & totally relax.  I swear I had an out of body experience.  I found myself in his hospital room.  He sat up & VERY sternly said, “What are you doing here?  You need to be at yoga—you worry too much.  I’ll be fine!”  I learned later that that was about the time he died.
    ​No, that wouldn’t work.
    ​Maybe something lighter would do it...


The rest is here, and well worth a read.

I'll hopefully have something of my own to post soon enough, but for now, enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment