Friday 25 November 2011

A Tasty Treat

My most recent food - or rather drink - experiment has turned out to be one of my most successful: spice coffee. 
It's exactly what it sounds like; coffee with spices in.
To make it, it's best to make filter or cafetiere coffee. Instant will still be ok, but not as nice because you'll have bits floating in it. Simply add ground spices to the coffee beans, then make the coffee as normal, with whatever milk/sugar combination you prefer.
As to what spices and how much, that's entirely up to you. I use about quarter of a teaspoon each of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. I feel like sweet spices are good in this, but I would have thought a bit of chilli would go well if you like it hot.
It makes a very tasty, warming, somewhat festive drink.

1 comment :

  1. If you're getting the coffee as-is, it might work to put spices in a tea strainer!

    ReplyDelete